What is Local SEO? Definition and Meaning Explained
What is Local SEO?
Local SEO is a part of search engine optimization that refers to optimizing your business/website for local search queries. It can help in ranking higher for local searches in a specific city, town, region, or state.
Along with optimizing the website for local SEO on Google, it should also be done for other search engines like Bing, Yelp, Apple Maps, etc.
Google Places Optimization
1. Ensure that you meet the quality guidelines of Google.
2. Add the correct information, like phone number, directions, website, email address, etc.
3. Add as much as the information asked by the system to build a complete profile.
4. Select the right categories for your business.
5. Write a place description, including your services/products, timing, an idea of what to expect, etc.
6. Upload high-quality photos and videos to grab visitor attention.
7. Ask your visitors and customers to review your listing and rate the experience. Customer feedback and reviews play a major role in local SEO.