Python Tutorial for Beginners
Python Data Types: List of Data Types With Example
- What is Python Programming Language? Definition and Introduction
- Python Advantages: What Are Benefits of Using Python Programming?
- Top 10 Uses & Applications of Python Programming Language (With Examples)
- Python Installation Process: How to Download & Install Python?
- What Are Python Keywords? Full List of Keywords in Python
- What is Python Statement?
- What is Indentation in Python Programming? Examples, Rules, Pros & Cons, Full Guide
- What are Python Comments? Explained in Simple Terms
- Python Variable Name Rules
- What Are Operators in Python? What Are Different Types of Python Operators
- What Are Python Arithmetic Operators? Types of Arithmetic Operators With Example
- What is Python Assignment Operators? Full List With Types and Examples
- What Are Python Comparison or Relational Operators? With Example
- Python Logical Operators: Full List With Examples
- Python Bitwise Operators (Explained With Example)
- Python Special Operators (Identity & Membership Operators)
- Python Ternary Operators: Explained With Example
- Python Data Types: List of Data Types With Example
- What are Python Numbers? int, float, complex
- What are Python Strings? How to Create String in Python?
- What Are Python Lists? How to Create List in Python?
- What Are Python Tuples? How to Create Tuple in Python?
- Python Sets: Functions, Operations, and Examples
- What is Python Dictionary? How to Create Dictionary in Python?
- What is Python Type Conversion? Explained With Example
- Python Strings With Examples
- Python String Concatenation Explained with Examples
- Python String Slicing Explained with Examples
- Delete or Change a String in Python with examples
- String Formatting in Python With Examples
- Python String Methods With Examples
- Python Escape Characters Explained Using repr(), Using “r/R”
- Python List With Examples
- Adding Elements to Python List Using append(), insert() and extend(), Method
- Accessing Elements From Python List
- Delete/Remove Elements From Python List
- Python List Slicing Explained With Example
- Iterate a Python List With Example
- Python List Comprehension Explained With Example
- Python Nested List Explained With Examples
- List Methods in Python Explained With Example
- Tuples in Python Explained With Examples
- Accessing Tuple Items in Python
- Python Tuple Slicing Explained With Examples
- Add and Change Tuple in Python
- Unpacking a Tuple in Python Explained With Examples
- Python Concatenation of Tuples
- Changing and Deleting Tuple Item Values
- Python Tuple Methods Explained WIth Example
- Python Functions - Syntax and How To Call Python Function
- Types of Python Functions With Code Examples
- Python Function Arguments Explained With Examples
- Recursion and Recursive Function in Python
- What is Lambda Functions in Python and How to Use It
- Python Modules- How to Create, Use and Variables
- Python Packages- How to Create and Uses
- Understanding Python OOPS Concepts
- Python Inheritance OOPS - (Multiple and Multilevel Inheritance)
- Python Interators Explained With Examples
- Python Encapsulation Explained With Examples
- Python Polymorphism Explained WIth Examples
- Objects and Classes in Python OOPS
- Python Constructors and Their Types
- __init__() Function in Python
- Python Object Methods Explained With Example
- Python Self Parameter Explained With Example
- Deleting Attributes and Objects in Python
- Introduction to Python Tkinter Explained [With Example]
- What Are Widgets in Tkinter in Python?
- What is Geometry and Layout Management & Widgets in Tkinter in Python
- What is Binding Functions in Python Tkinter?
- What Are Mouse Clicking Events in Python Tkinter? [With Examples]
- Step by Step Create Drop-Down Menus in Python Tkinter
- What is ktMessageBox in Python Tkinter with Example
- Understanding Shapes, Images, Icons in Tkinter
What are Data Types in Python?
Data types are the classification/categorization of data components. It refers to a value that describes which operations may be performed on a collection of data. Since everything in Python programming is an object, data types are basically classes, and variables are instances (objects) of these classes.
Getting Data Type in Python
type() method can be used to determine the data type of any object:
x = 50 print(type(x))
Built-in Data Types
Python comes with the following built-in data types: