How to Create Google Display Ads in 2022? Step-by-Step Process
Step-by-Step Process to Create Google Display Ads
Follow the step-by-step process below to create a display campaign in Google Ads.
1. In the Google Ads account, click on the +New Campaign button.
2. From the next tab showing goals, select the goal for your campaign. Here, let’s click on Brand Awareness and Reach.
3. Next, click on the Display campaign.
4. Enter the website for which you want to run the ad. Click on Continue.
5. On the next page, enter the name of your campaign.
6. Add the targeted locations.
7. Choose the preferred languages.
8. Next comes the bidding strategy. If you aim to achieve as many impressions as possible, then select Viewable Impressions.
9. Enter your daily budget.
10. Select your preference in Ad Rotation.
11. Define Ad Schedule.
12. If you want to exclude your ads from appearing within content that’s not related to your business, you can exclude it from the Content exclusions option.
13. Now, it’s time to create a relevant audience for your ad. You can browse the audience based on their interests, demographics, life events, their research on Google, as well as customize it.
14. From the demographics section, you can select the age, gender, parental status, and household income, to further segment the audience.
15. Enter the bid amount for the ad group.
16. The next option is to create the ad. Click on +New Ad. You can select whether to show responsive ads or upload images directly from your computer.
17. When you click on Responsive Display ads, it will ask you for a number of things, including landing page URL, images, videos, headlines, description, business name, etc.
18. For images, try to use more than two images. Your images should be a mix of square-shaped and landscape. Video is optional. It depends on your goal and business, whether to run video ads or not.
19. As you enter the rest of the details, Google Ads will show a preview of the ad. When you are done, click on Create Campaign.
20. The next window will show you all the details that you have defined for the ad. If all is good, publish the ad.
How to Create Text Ads?
To make more engaging ads, you can use text ads. To create a text ad in Google Ads:
1. Login to Google Ads.
2. From the navigation panel on the left, click on Ads & Extensions.
3. Click on the + button and choose the ‘Text ad’ option.
4. It will ask for a headline text, description, final URL, etc. You can see the ad preview for mobile and desktop on the right side.
5. Click on Save ad.
How to Schedule Google Ads?
1. To schedule an ad in Google Ads, log in to the account.
2. On the left side menu, find Ad Schedule and click on it.
3. Click on the pencil icon on the main screen. It will ask you to select a campaign for which you want to schedule the ad.
4. From the list, select the campaign.
5. Here, you can specify the days and times during which you want the ad to appear. There are options to set an ad schedule specifically for each day.
6. Once you are done, click on Save.