How to Run Facebook Ads The Right Way?
How to Create and Run Facebook Ad?
Here is the step by step process on how to create a Facebook ad campaign:
1. On the top right corner, click on the plus (+). From the dropdown, click on Ad. Alternatively, you can directly open Ads Manager from this link.
2. You will be logged in to Facebook Ads Manager, from where you can easily create your first ad campaign. Click on the green +Create or Create Ad button to start ad creation.
3. A new dialog box will show up, asking you to choose a campaign objective. You can select your preferred objective, like Reach, Brand Awareness, Traffic, App Install, etc. Here, we are moving ahead with the Traffic objective. After selecting the objective, click on Continue.
4. In the next window, you have to enter the name of your campaign. As you scroll down, you will see an option to set a daily or lifetime budget for the ad. Enter your daily or lifetime budget and click on Next.
5. Enter the name for your Ad Set.
6. From the Traffic tab, choose the platform where you want to drive the traffic, such as a website, app, Messenger, or WhatsApp. When people click your ad button on Facebook, they will be taken to your chosen option.
7. From the Budget & Schedule tab, define the start and end date for your ad campaign. The ad will run on Facebook during your selected time window.
8. Next, you have to create an audience to which you want the ad to appear. You can select the locations, age of the audience, genders, languages, as well as demographics, behaviours, and interests of the audience.
9. From the Placements tab, you can choose exactly where you want your ad to appear. If you choose Automatic Placements, Facebook will automatically choose the right placements. Manual Placements allow you to select the placements. You can choose from Facebook Feed, Instagram Feed, Facebook Marketplace, Facebook Video Feeds, Facebook Right Column, Instagram Explore, Messenger Inbox, Facebook Groups Feed, Facebook Stories, Instagram Stories, Messenger Stories, etc. Your ad will then appear only on the selected placements.
10. From the Optimization & Delivery tab, you can optimize the delivery of your ad on the basis of your goals with the campaign. You can choose whether to show the ad to people who are more likely to click, show landing page preview, gain impressions, etc. Once done, click on Next.
11. From the next window, you have to select the Facebook page for which you want to run the ad. If you have an interlinked Facebook page and Instagram account, you can choose to show ads on both platforms.
12. Next, select the ad format- Single image or video, Carousel, Collection, or Instant Experience. We are selecting the Single image or video option here. You can see your ad format’s preview on the right side, based on the placements chosen by you in the previous steps.
13. Based on ad format, the next tab will ask you to add media files for the ad, primary text, headline for the ad, description, and the landing page link. You can add custom images for news feed, stories, and other placements.
14. You can enter a display URL that you want to appear on the ad. It can be different from your destination URL. For example, if your destination URL is a landing page link and you want to show your homepage URL to the audience, the display URL field is a good option for you.
15. Preview everything you have entered on this page. Click on Publish if all is fine.
Your ad will be sent to Facebook for review. After review, it will be published and become visible to users on the platform.